Thursday, August 6, 2009

Page

I'm pretty sure I didn't get the Librarian job for Pima County, and that's OK. I haven't heard from them yet and it has been a month. A friend of mine who works for PCPL said she thinks the new librarian may already be working at her branch. I really wanted that job but I have to move on.

Moving on will be easier because I got a conditional offer today on a page position with Phoenix PL. So tomorrow I have to go and fill out paperwork and get fingerprinted, etc. I know teenagers get hired for this job, but I am still kind of excited. I mean, it is better than sitting around the house feeling sorry for myself. My income will probably be just enough to pay off my school loans every month, which is alright. Maybe they will give me more hours, or I can get a second job once it gets cooler and the snow birds come back. At least my foot is in the door and when a better job within the system becomes available, I'll know more people and have more experience. I know I still have a lot to learn. I'm just going to be the best page I can be, be happy I'm in a library and getting paid, and keep applying for other library jobs I see as they come up in AZ.

2 comments:

  1. You have the perfect attitude going into this. I attempted to do the same thing last year but ended up not getting the position (boy did that make me mad). It is not only a foot in the door but it's also a great way to network with people throughout AZ. The more people you know and the more people you impress the better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally! Good for you, Danielle. I wouldn't feel too bad about the PCPL job, sounds like a TON of people applied, and also sounds like they give tons of preference to subs wanting to be FT.

    ReplyDelete